Sunday, November 30, 2008

My artist statement

They say there is a window that opens from heart to heart;
If there are no walls, there is no need for any window.
-- Rumi

I want to sing like the birds sing,
Not worrying about who hears or what they think.
-- Rumi

In one word, I am a "dreamer," but for those who would like to know more, I have been a freelance artist since 1999, after graduating with a Masters degree in Art. While it's my second job, art has always been a big part of my life in one way or another... I simply love to create with my hands, through my mind. When I paint, I am mindless and lost in the process, yet conscious and connected. ... Did I mention that I am a dreamer? A dreamer wanting a heart as big as the ocean, just to love.

Relationship is the most important aspect of my work; the coexistence of my dreams and realities easily appears in my paintings through different forms and feelings. To me, being happy is situational but joy is about taking delight in the little things in life and being content with taking glory in them. Last but not least, poems greatly impact my thinking process, as I see it as another way of painting... only through words. ... Did I mention that I am a dreamer?
I am so happy, I cannot be contained in the world;
But like a spirit, I am hidden from the eyes of the world.
-- Rumi

No comments: